Library Rules & Regulations
- Silence to be maintained.
- No discussion permitted inside the library.
- Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resources.
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library.
- Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library.
- Using Cellular phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
- The Library owns latest Samsung Xerox machine for Photo Copying purpose of the Library Members. Only Library related materials will be allowed to Xerox.
I. Admission to Library:
Students are allowed to library only on production of their authorized/valid Identity Cards.
II. Working Hours of the Library:
The PSCMRCET Central Library is on all working days 8.30 A.M to 7.00 P.M, and
9.00 A.M to 1.00 P.M on holidays opened.
III. Circulation Issue System:
Books will be issued on presentation of the library card along with the ID card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return. Faculty can borrow 6 books for semester. Students can borrow 3 books and they renew those books once in every 15 days.
IV. Overdue Charges:
Books will be issued to the students for 14 days only. In the (last)first page slip is pasted and stamped mentioning the due date and the fine will be charged 1st @ Re.1, 2nd week @Rs.2, 3rd week @re.3 per day per book from the due date till the book is returned to library. If the issue date exceeds one month we will charge Rs. 100/- for each book.
V. Book Lost:
If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the new books of the same edition or latest edition or pay three time cost of the book after getting permission from the Principal/librarian.
VI. Care of library borrower cards:
Take special care to maintain the library borrower cards. Do not fold, alter entries made on the cards, Members are responsible for the entire set of library borrower card issued to them.
VII. No due Certificate:
Each student shall obtain No dues certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.
VIII. Care of Library Books:
Students are required to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil; writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
IX. Book Bank:
SC/ST students of college can become a member of the book bank giving application along with caste certificate; book bank will be issued 2 textbooks for each semester. Books shall be returned within two days after the theory examination, otherwise a fine of Rs.1/- per day will be charged.
X. Reference section:
This section has Encyclopedia, dictionaries, Text books reference books etc. which are only available for reference. User can make use of these resources.
XI. Journal Section:
In this section journal, general magazines and News letter are available. They are arranged alphabetically. The latest issues are displayed on display rack and other previous issues are arranged in the drawer. Bound volumes of periodicals are arranged in rack alphabetically and are meant only for reference within the library.
XII. Internet Access Facility:
The Library has high speed Internet facility for 20 Systems with 100 Mbps dedicated network. All the Student and Staff Members can use the facility on Library working hours. All the E-Journals packages and articles can be downloaded in the Browsing Centre. For using the Browsing service, the Member should enter the login time and logout in the digital library register.